Re: Expressions of Interest for the WEMDTC Board of Directors
The West End Music and Dance Teachers’ Cooperative Ltd (WEMDTC) owns and operates Browning Street Studios, a multi-purpose arts facility based in Brisbane’s West End. Established in 2008, Browning Street Studios aims to provide professional, quality studio spaces to its 12 musician-members, and quality music education, arts events and practice spaces to the broader community. As a worker-owned Cooperative, Browning Street Studios is unique in its commitment to support the livelihoods of its workers via business ownership, democratic governance and ongoing investment in building the professional capacities of its teachers.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from community members who wish to serve in an advisory capacity as Associate (non-Member) Directors. Associate Directors will serve a 12-month term starting from our next AGM. We will provide more information about and term and timings once we hear from you.
Ideally, Associate Directors would share a love of music and the arts, but do not need to work in the Industry. Board members need to be able to demonstrate their ability to offer advice and guidance in the following areas:
- Strategic direction/planning – develop mission, vision and Key Result Areas, approve operational plan
- Policy – approve and monitor policy, develop governance policy
- Accountability – set performance management expectations for West End Music and Dance Teachers Cooperative Limited, monitor performance, monitor financial performance
- Risk Management – monitor appropriate risk management strategies
- Legal – understand obligations of the Cooperative’s Constitution (In conjunction with the Office of Fair Trading & Australian Tax Office) as well as other relevant Federal, State and Local Law
- Performance Review – Set and monitor organisational performance
- Governance of West End Music & Dance Teachers’ Cooperative Limited – in accordance with policy and procedures and within the operational limits set by the Position Description.
Persons who are interested in submitting an EOI should begin the process by reviewing the attached Terms of Reference and Position Description for Board Members. Persons who are interested and eligible to apply should then email the Board Secretary, June Lee, on email@example.com and briefly indicate their interest. Once your email is received, our Secretary will follow up promptly be sending you an email with a Board Member EOI Form.
We are accepting EOIs at any time of the year for consideration at our next AGM.
Any questions regarding the process should also be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be answered as quickly as possible.
Thank you for taking an interest in our Cooperative.
Secretary, West End Music and Dance Teachers’ Cooperative Ltd